+ Which class is right for me?
These classes are useful for several kinds of actors. Seasoned professionals who wanted to dive deeper into character study, scene analysis, and gain more audition experience will want the advanced class. All advanced classes will be shot on camera for your review after each class. For non-actors or those just starting out who want to feel more comfortable with public speaking, and/or those who have always wanted to try acting as a career but weren’t sure how to begin, the beginning class is perfect for you. For all the latest news news and upcoming classes be sure to sign up for our email list and follow us on facebook and instagram.
- Classes starting this summer
- Shakespeare / Chekov class for those who are afraid of the classics
- Audition bootcamp
- Business of Acting Class
- How to Produce your own One Person Show
- Invitation only Masterclass.
Please be sure to send us an email for information on any of these classes.
+ How long does each class last?
Most six week classes are 2 hours in duration each week.
+ What can I expect to learn from the six week beginning course?
This class is a perfect refresher course for actors getting back into the business or new actors just starting out who want to take their craft to the next level. In addition to gaining more confidence on stage you will get advice on:
- Where to find a scene / monologue that is right for you.
- How to breakdown beats and analyze a scene.
- How to make the strongest choice you can for the audition materials you are given.
- The class will also deliver practical knowledge about having a competitive resume and a great headshot.
- On the final day of each six week session an industry professional will have a Q&A session and provide feedback for the monologues and scenes you have been working on in class.
+ What can I expect from the six week advanced course?
This class is perfect for the actor who wishes to work more and make stronger choices (sometimes with limited time). The class teaches the actor to dive deeper into text analysis of the scenes and monologues, and will help you improve your Audition Technique and Get more Callbacks. By the end of this 6 week course you will leave the class with:
- A polished monologue and scene that you could use for your actors reel on the audition websites.
- A 90 second “Elevator Pitch.”
- A clear sense of your “type.”
- On the final day of each 6 week session an industry professional will have a Q&A session and provide feedback for the monologues and scenes you have been working on in class.
+ Are the classes geared more for theatre or film?
It depends on the class you signed up for. In the advanced class everything you do will be recorded and the session will be emailed to you that evening or the next business day. The Beginning and Advanced classes are really about analyzing the the script, character development, and making strong choices, which can be applied to both film and theatre. The teachers will guide you through unique processes and exercises to develop and create confidence within the assigned material that can be applied to both genres.
+ Who will be teaching my class?
Teachers will be listed next to the date of the first class.
+ Will I get an acting job from taking this class?
While we do have an industry professional give feedback on the final day of classes we do not guarantee a job or an audition with said professionals.
+ What if I miss a class or can’t be available for all the classes? Is there a makeup class?
Pick the class that works best for you for the 6 weeks. Sessions are not interchangeable and you may not show up to other sessions than the one you signed up for. Make up session as or any other consideration must be discussed with Cathy.
+ What if I have a promo code?
On the "checkout" page look for the icon in the upper right corner of the page and enter your code.
If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, our cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you need help canceling or have any questions, please visit CourseHorse (link: https://coursehorse.com/contact-us)."
+ Where is the theater located?
Classes are all held in the heart of the acting community in an Off-Broadway Theater or Studio located at The Theater Center in the heart of midtown at 210 W 50th St. (Between Broadway and 8th Ave.).
- 1 train to 50th St.
- N,W,R trains to 49th St.
- B,D,F,M trains to 50th St. Rockefeller Center
- 42nd St. Port Authority